Opinions….everyone has one right. This short blog positing is a little different from my longer posts in the past. Hopefully it won’t be as boring, will have less spelling errors and will get a lot more action in terms of comments from my readers. [:D]
Basically what I am after is you the reader’s opinions on the Calgary real estate market. I have my own opinion of what is happening out there in the Calgary marketplace, but what I really want to hear is what everyday people are thinking in terms of the economy and the Calgary real estate market. These days the average buyer or seller can have a difficult time trying to interpret the news papers or listen to the daily news to get a good feel on the Calgary real estate market. Everyone knows that Realtors have their own sources within the real estate industry, but at the end of the day what really matters is what Calgary homes buyers and sellers are thinking. After all you guys are the ones that determine the market.
Some topics to think of are:
1. Is the Calgary housing market going to crash like the United States?
2. Is the Calgary housing market going to see an increase or decrease in value in 2009?
3. Is the Calgary real estate market going to be untouched from the slump because of the rich oil industry?
4. Is the recent drop in oil going to affect the Calgary real estate market?
5. Is the recent stock market crash going to affect the Calgary real estate market?
6. Is the Calgary real estate market undervalued or highly over inflated?
7. Is the world economic crisis going to affect the Calgary real estate market?
8. Does the newspapers and media play a large role in a Calgary home buyers decision making?
9. What is a better city to live in Calgary or Edmonton? I just had to through this one in for some controversy.
There are lots of other topics I could post but I think everyone gets the idea so please comment with your individual opinions on any topic. Also please remember that there is no right or wrong answers. No one can predict what is going to happen with the Calgary real estate market in the months to come, but with a lot of opinions we might just be able to get a handle on the market. So please comment on this posting!
Nevin Van Nest . Realtor . Royal LePage Foothills
Your Calgary Real Estate Expert